Move cube

lauracoldwell

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had used a move cube before. Iv heard of them from this website here http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/shipping/movecube

but i think that other companies do them too. We are only wanting to move a few things but I cant see a price. I was hoping anyone could tell me if they have used them, if they were any good and also maybe how much they paid??

Or if people havent used them who do they recommend. We want to move a lightweight bed, cds, pictures and thats it really.

Thanks guys.

Laura

Guest oldmarried

If that's all you have then you don't need a Move Cube. Ask shipping companies for a quote via their groupage service. Household goods are put through lots of strains whilst in transit. Damage occurs when goods aren't packed and loaded properly. The loading is very important. If you do both yourself you significantly increase the risk of damage.

If that's all you have then you don't need a Move Cube. Ask shipping companies for a quote via their groupage service. Household goods are put through lots of strains whilst in transit. Damage occurs when goods aren't packed and loaded properly. The loading is very important. If you do both yourself you significantly increase the risk of damage.

Thank you :) I think we will just ask for a quote for extra baggage on the airlines and maybe leave a few things. Its only the sentimental things i am really bothered about. x

I called the move cube this morning for prices.

The small cube is 1.88m in height x 1.11m in width x 1.96 in length or 70 cubic feet. It costs £420 plus $249 goods exam fee

The medium cube is 1.88m in height x 1.55m in width x 1.11m in length or 105 cubic feet. It costs £570 plus $299 goods exam fee

The large cube is 1.88m in height x 1.45m in width x 2.27m in length or 218 cubic feet. It costs £990 plus $349 goods exam fee

They said that you have no further AQIS Inspection fees as goods are sent to a bonded warehouse but I would double check this as they weren't too sure themselves. They all require an upfront fee of £100.

To be honest, I didn't find them that professional and everyone I spoke to in seven seas had different and conflicting information. They are also not a member of the British Association of removers bonded scheme.

They are cheaper than anywhere else when sending a small amount of items but then again, you pay for what you get. I personally wasn't that confident with the way they handled my quote so I have decided to pay a bit extra and go with Doree Bonner. £958 all inclusive for 195 cubic feet and they will pack everything for me if I take out their 3% insurance policy.

I called the move cube this morning for prices.

The small cube is 1.88m in height x 1.11m in width x 1.96 in length or 70 cubic feet. It costs £420 plus $249 goods exam fee

The medium cube is 1.88m in height x 1.55m in width x 1.11m in length or 105 cubic feet. It costs £570 plus $299 goods exam fee

The large cube is 1.88m in height x 1.45m in width x 2.27m in length or 218 cubic feet. It costs £990 plus $349 goods exam fee

They said that you have no further AQIS Inspection fees as goods are sent to a bonded warehouse but I would double check this as they weren't too sure themselves. They all require an upfront fee of £100.

To be honest, I didn't find them that professional and everyone I spoke to in seven seas had different and conflicting information. They are also not a member of the British Association of removers bonded scheme.

They are cheaper than anywhere else when sending a small amount of items but then again, you pay for what you get. I personally wasn't that confident with the way they handled my quote so I have decided to pay a bit extra and go with Doree Bonner. £958 all inclusive for 195 cubic feet and they will pack everything for me if I take out their 3% insurance policy.

Hey Mrs Brennan,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It really shows that first impressions count as i will not be using them now! Can i ask what your moving as i am so unsure of what to take. All my sentimental things such as wedding pics ect will travel with me but i am unsire about the rest. Thank you. Hope your having a nice weekend evening. XX

Hey Mrs Brennan,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It really shows that first impressions count as i will not be using them now! Can i ask what your moving as i am so unsure of what to take. All my sentimental things such as wedding pics ect will travel with me but i am unsire about the rest. Thank you. Hope your having a nice weekend evening. XX

Don't get me wrong, they were all really really nice people and obviously some people will have better experiences than others. I have very high expectations when it comes to stuff like this as you are putting your worldly possessions and heirlooms in the trust of a company and people you haven't met before and I just didn't get the feeling I needed from them. You may have a different experience.

We are bringing a hi fi, 2 guitars, 2 sets of golf clubs, a dishwasher, a guitar amp, a bicycle, some books, cd's and dvd's, ornaments, pictures, photos in about 6 large boxes, about 6 suitcases of clothes and shoes, a box of kitchen stuff- it all needs replacing anyway so just bringing good stuff. Also bringing 1 wardrobe, 1 king bed, 2 bedside lockers and a dressing table- only because the matching set cost quite a bit. Doree Bonnar are coming out at 9am Monday morning to do a survey and provide a quote. I can let you know what the cost is for what I'm taking. x

Don't get me wrong, they were all really really nice people and obviously some people will have better experiences than others. I have very high expectations when it comes to stuff like this as you are putting your worldly possessions and heirlooms in the trust of a company and people you haven't met before and I just didn't get the feeling I needed from them. You may have a different experience.

We are bringing a hi fi, 2 guitars, 2 sets of golf clubs, a dishwasher, a guitar amp, a bicycle, some books, cd's and dvd's, ornaments, pictures, photos in about 6 large boxes, about 6 suitcases of clothes and shoes, a box of kitchen stuff- it all needs replacing anyway so just bringing good stuff. Also bringing 1 wardrobe, 1 king bed, 2 bedside lockers and a dressing table- only because the matching set cost quite a bit. Doree Bonnar are coming out at 9am Monday morning to do a survey and provide a quote. I can let you know what the cost is for what I'm taking. x

Ah that would be fantastic, were taking much less than that but need to work out if its cheaper to take some things or buy the rest there. Hopefully they'll offer you the service you need. Its so difficult putting your trust in someone to take care of all your stuff so i know what you mean.

Excited to hear the cost.

Laura

Don't let the moving company tell you that you have to take out their insurance in order to get their packing service - they'll do it without, they just want you to pay their insurance too :)

We found Doree Bonner pretty good - time frame was as they described (but we did a whole container). There were a couple of damaged items, but unfortunately we didn't notice the cracked glass in one of our dressers until well after the time we had to claim within :( But it's only a small crack and it's not obvious so we're not that upset :) In fact we didn't even contact them about it in the end we were that happy with the rest of the stuff..

The air-freight was more of a problem, they damaged one of Jon's guitar amps - but Letton Percival were great and paid up on the insurance with no quibbles :)

This is the quote I received this morning from Doree Bonnar for the below items.

We are bringing a hi fi, 2 guitars, 2 sets of golf clubs, a dishwasher, a guitar amp, a bicycle, 1 box containing books, cd's and dvd's, ornaments, pictures, photos in about 4 large boxes, about 4 suitcases of clothes and shoes, a box of kitchen stuff- it all needs replacing anyway so just bringing good stuff. Also bringing 1 wardrobe, 1 king bed, 1 kingsize mattress, 2 bedside lockers and a dressing table, 1 double bed and mattress, ironing board, cat climbing set, 1 medium box of christmas decorations. This will take up approx. 146 cubic feet. They have quoted me £889. Insurance is available at 2.95% of value of consignment. This is optional so you can shop around.

They won't invoice until the day the shipment is collected, whereupon they would measure it correctly and we only therefore pay for the actual volume that we ship.

This is the quote I received this morning from Doree Bonnar for the below items.

We are bringing a hi fi, 2 guitars, 2 sets of golf clubs, a dishwasher, a guitar amp, a bicycle, 1 box containing books, cd's and dvd's, ornaments, pictures, photos in about 4 large boxes, about 4 suitcases of clothes and shoes, a box of kitchen stuff- it all needs replacing anyway so just bringing good stuff. Also bringing 1 wardrobe, 1 king bed, 1 kingsize mattress, 2 bedside lockers and a dressing table, 1 double bed and mattress, ironing board, cat climbing set, 1 medium box of christmas decorations. This will take up approx. 146 cubic feet. They have quoted me £889. Insurance is available at 2.95% of value of consignment. This is optional so you can shop around.

They won't invoice until the day the shipment is collected, whereupon they would measure it correctly and we only therefore pay for the actual volume that we ship.

WOW thats pretty good i think. Iv worked it out and in some ways itd be cheaper to but certain things over and get them shipped rather than just buying in Australia. Thanks so much for the information its given us something to think about.

Are you happy with the quote that they gave you? How does it work, do they come and pack it all up for you? Also did they say how long it would take?

Again thank you so much, its really helpful . x

Guest oldmarried

Just a little something to be aware of. If your price is based on the list of goods and they have viewed it then your price should not alter unless you add more items to the list as this would be down to their surveyor getting the estimate wrong. ( and to be fair to removal companies you would be amazed how many customers say one thing at survey and then completely change thir minds by the time things are packed).

If its based on a volume and its unsurveyed and you are paying based on the final volume after collection then I would be a bit more wary. By the time your goods are collected you are a captive audience!

WOW thats pretty good i think. Iv worked it out and in some ways itd be cheaper to but certain things over and get them shipped rather than just buying in Australia. Thanks so much for the information its given us something to think about.

Are you happy with the quote that they gave you? How does it work, do they come and pack it all up for you? Also did they say how long it would take?

Again thank you so much, its really helpful . x

They come and wrap it for you. I think it's a requirement of being a member of the British Association of Overseas Removers (BAR). They said it would take 12 weeks for a partial container to get there. Once the visa comes through, you can get them in anytime after. It was gonna cost us more to replace the furniture over there than it was to ship it and money is tight as it is. They have been really helpful, arrived when they said they would and called when they said they would. I don't know if it's the cheapest quote you'll get but it was the cheapest I could find. x

They come and wrap it for you. I think it's a requirement of being a member of the British Association of Overseas Removers (BAR). They said it would take 12 weeks for a partial container to get there. Once the visa comes through, you can get them in anytime after. It was gonna cost us more to replace the furniture over there than it was to ship it and money is tight as it is. They have been really helpful, arrived when they said they would and called when they said they would. I don't know if it's the cheapest quote you'll get but it was the cheapest I could find. x

Good stuff so if you timed it right you could have your stuff arrive the week you do too. No its definately a good price. We have just worked out that it would be cheaper for us to buy new bedside tables and a few other things and get it shipped than it would to buy new stuff over there. I think its probably less stress too. xx

• 1 year later...
The price quoted is for to pack it and it is a door to door service.x

Hello Missus B

just reading this post can you tell me how did it go shipping yout items.... Did you get them ok and what was the total cost inc insurance and customs fees....

who did you go with in the end.... We were going to have a full container but decided to look at taking just the essentials in a move cube....

Thanks

Dave & Carmel

• 3 months later...

Hello Andyandloz10

we have decided to send our belongings in a large Move Cube and just take personnel items no furniture as it is the most cost effective way.... We have sold most things on eBay the last few weeks.... I spoke to seven seas yesterday and to ship a small box of hand tools it will be around £150 and will take 21 days....

thanks

dave

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested in going the other way, I've just shipped a large MoveCube from Perth to the UK. It cost AUD$1785 inc GST, plus the unavoidable inspection fee at the other end (£120).

Personally I think it's a great idea. Instead of having a bunch of ham fisted blokes descend on your possessions like locusts, you get to pack it all exactly as you want. You can squeeze in as much as you can, carefully filling every single gap to get the most for your money, and ensuring that all the fragile and valuable stuff is well protected. When you're done the contents are photographed, the door is clamped shut and the whole thing shinkwrapped. No one opens it or touches it until you open it yourself at the other end (although obviously Customs are entitled to open it if they so choose).

Having done it the other way, where everything gets crammed into cardboxes boxes and those boxes are then humped into a van (followed by more processes you don't get to witness) I thought the MoveCube was a much better approach. I'd definitely use one again.

Thanks cki2011, how much was total quote for large move cube? Think prices have gone up from the little bit of research I've done, they have quoted me £570 + $402 for ozzy inspections etc for a middle sized move cube, rather pricy I think

I replied in the other thread re quote price etc.

You really should call then as they are top notch in answering every question.

Archived